Sunday, March 14, 2010

Windiferous in Vermont


Sunday, March 14, 2010

35 degrees here on the mountain this morning, a real Winnie the Pooh Blustery Day excepting the leaves are long since gone and the new ones have not yet started. The wind is a steady 7 mph but the gusts are 9-11-12-14 mph and have been most of the night. I expected to see heavy rain by now but the only rather undramatic change this morning is daylight savings time.



I'm in the middle of adding to the plan for my new hosta garden and I got into a snag, ended up browsing and came to this blog from England named Stone Art Blog. Take a look at it while I try to get organized this morning. It includes pictures of a new way to use willows. Anyway, who would have thought a guy my age would have started the day with daylight savings time and Winnie the Pooh videos from YouTube? Happens.


Writing from the mountain above Peacham Pond where the sky is gray and the ground is littered with spent tree branches and last fall's leaves.

George Africa
The Vermont Gardener

Looking for lots of new fans for our new Facebook page Vermont Flower Farm and Gardens



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Just think of the possibilities!

You could plant willows downhill from where you usually have the shade houses and give folks a marvelous view of the new hosta garden, or plant willows for a view of the roadside display garden.

In your abundant spare time, of course.

vermontflowerfarm@outlook.com said...

Hi Elizabeth;
Options are bountiful, time is not. I just came from a walk around the nursery with Karl the Wonder Dog. Pouring rain, 40 degrees but feels like 25 (actually 33 with wind chill). Early spring walks make my mind race with things to do but it does feel good just to be out and about. Feed me more ideas of things to do.Every day is a different plan with me.

George